[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Finding active drives

a563@mindlink.UUCP (Dave Kirsch) (08/14/90)

There was just some code posted to this group the I seem to have lost my
capture of.  It was some C code to find out which logical drives are actually
available.

I know someone out there must have grabbed this code.  I did and now I can't
find it and I have a use for it now!  So, could some kind soul out there send
me a copy?

Thanks in advance.

David Kirsch          UUCP: {uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a563
Voice: (604) 327-4404       a563@mindlink.UUCP
                      Vancouver, British Columbia
'In-no-sense?  Nonsense!' - The Art Of Noise

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (08/15/90)

In article <2826@mindlink.UUCP> a563@mindlink.UUCP (Dave Kirsch) writes:
>There was just some code posted to this group the I seem to have lost my
>capture of.  It was some C code to find out which logical drives are actually
>available.

This reply sidetracks a bit.  I don't have the C code, but I have
such routines available for Turbo Pascal in a TP units collection
called /pc/ts/tspas22.arc, available by anonymous ftp from
chyde.uwasa.fi.  The source code is not available, only the relevant
.tpu units.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)