[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Request info on Turbo-C 256 Color/VGA driver

jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu (James Binkley) (08/20/90)

Is there a BGI driver somewhere that supports some sort of 256 color
VGA mode on the IBM PC?  I saw a passing reference to it in a book
on graphics but it didn't mention from where?

Thanks for any information.

				Jim Binkley
				jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu

prisoner@pawl.rpi.edu (Allen S. Firstenberg) (08/21/90)

jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu (James Binkley) writes:

>Is there a BGI driver somewhere that supports some sort of 256 color
>VGA mode on the IBM PC?  I saw a passing reference to it in a book
>on graphics but it didn't mention from where?

>Thanks for any information.

>				Jim Binkley
>				jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu

Yes.  The driver is available from Borland as a download from their
file area in Compuserve.  If you don't subscribe to Compuserve, Borland
will send you a subscription kit (enough to get the files you want)
if you call their number.

BCNU
Priz
--
prisoner@pawl.rpi.edu                         "Do you know what this means?"
prisoner@xrdlab1.mat.rpi.edu                  "Yes, It means I'm free."

jgarland@kean.ucs.mun.ca (08/21/90)

In article <TW*%T2$@rpi.edu>, prisoner@pawl.rpi.edu (Allen S. Firstenberg) writes:
> jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu (James Binkley) writes:
>
>>Is there a BGI driver somewhere that supports some sort of 256 color
>>VGA mode on the IBM PC?  I saw a passing reference to it in a book
>>on graphics but it didn't mention from where?
>
>>Thanks for any information.
>
>>				Jim Binkley
>>				jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu
>
> Yes.  The driver is available from Borland as a download from their
> file area in Compuserve.  If you don't subscribe to Compuserve, Borland
> will send you a subscription kit (enough to get the files you want)
> if you call their number.
>
> BCNU
> Priz
> --
> prisoner@pawl.rpi.edu                         "Do you know what this means?"
> prisoner@xrdlab1.mat.rpi.edu                  "Yes, It means I'm free."
> prisoner@rpitsmts.bitnet                      "No"      -Les Miserables

It's also on Simtel20 for free.  See pd1:<msdos.borland>.

John Garland

Bitnet:     jgarland@mun
Internet:   jgarland@kean.ucs.mun.ca

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (08/22/90)

In article <TW*%T2$@rpi.edu> prisoner@pawl.rpi.edu (Allen S. Firstenberg) writes:
>Yes.  The driver is available from Borland as a download from their
>file area in Compuserve.  If you don't subscribe to Compuserve, Borland
>will send you a subscription kit (enough to get the files you want)
>if you call their number.

Is there a FTPable location for this & other borland BGI stuff? ...

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr

shack@cs.arizona.edu (David Michael Shackelford) (08/23/90)

In article <3256@psueea.UUCP> jrb@jove.cs.pdx.edu (James Binkley) writes:
>Is there a BGI driver somewhere that supports some sort of 256 color
>VGA mode on the IBM PC?  I saw a passing reference to it in a book
>on graphics but it didn't mention from where?

Seems like I saw somewhere that there's a file on SIMTEL which has the
VGA256 driver, some more fonts, and a font editor.  It also had some
almost-good docs on how to make a new driver.

Hope this helps,

Dave      |   shack@cs.arizona.edu