[comp.os.msdos.programmer] TC++ Patch disk might be on the way!

ericm@ims.UUCP (Eric Martinson) (08/18/90)

I was on BIX (Byte Information eXchange) last night and read some
74 messages concerning TC++.  I was completely shocked when I read
a message from a Borland rep. confirming that a TC++ patch will be
available.  Thought most people would like to know.

I was terribly shocked when they admitted they were putting together
a patch disk.  This from a company who won't confirm or deny that
they have any bugs.

Anyways the disk is good news.  Hope they fix the bugs in the streams`
library.

dave@interlan.interlan.com (Dave Goldblatt) (08/21/90)

In article <127@ims.UUCP> ericm@ims.UUCP (Eric Martinson) writes:

>I was terribly shocked when they admitted they were putting together
>a patch disk.  This from a company who won't confirm or deny that
>they have any bugs.

That's not completely true; they most certainly do admit they have bugs,
but for some reason will not post an OFFICIAL list.  There are a number
of non-official ones running around, however.

I could see why you'd be shocked regarding the availability of a
patch disk if you used Microsoft products, though.. With MSC, you have
to wait two years and buy an upgrade with even more bugs (cf. MSC 6.0).

That's what I like about Borland: "Ooops.  We blew it.  Here, run this
program and it'll fix your compiler.  Sorry."

And no charge (you can download it from CI$, and as of TC 2.0, they could
be redistributed freely, including via ftp).

Yeah, I like Borland better than Microsoft. :-)  I've even converted some
people here at work! ;-)

#include <std.disclaimer.about.this.being.my.own.opinions.and.mine.alone>

-dg-
--
"You can twist perceptions	*	Dave Goldblatt	  dave@interlan.com
 Reality won't budge..."	*	Diagnostic Engineering

horstman@sjsumcs.sjsu.edu (Cay Horstmann) (08/25/90)

We have problems with the "Shell to DOS" feature in Turbo Debugger
(the one with C++ "Professional") It shells to DOS all right and
you can run commands, but the display doesn't work.

Maybe that is because of one of our resident programs or NANSI.SYS?
Does it work for everyone else?

Also, when trying to write a "shell to DOS" inside our own application
(using C++ and VROOM) the same problem occurs. Was anyone successful
in implementing a "shell to DOS" in this way?

Thanx for any info! Please mail, I'll post a summary.

Cay

P.S. Has anyone noticed that VROOM has trouble if you overlay a module
with a global object which has a destructor?