[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Want to create my own text fonts

hagins@dg-rtp.dg.com (Jody Hagins) (09/05/90)

	I want to create my own text fonts.  Basically, I'd like to have my
own character set in memory, and be able to switch between the default
text, and my own character set.  If there is a way to create my own font set
and include it in BGI, that would be fine too.  This is an area I have not
messed around in, so I am not too familiar with creating new character sets,
or even if it is possible to create my own font set to use with Borland's
Graphic Interface.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
	-Jody.
	hagins@dg-rtp.dg.com

joe@proto.COM (Joe Huffman) (09/05/90)

In article <1990Sep4.202223.9679@dg-rtp.dg.com>, hagins@dg-rtp.dg.com (Jody Hagins) writes:

> 	I want to create my own text fonts.  Basically, I'd like to have my
> own character set in memory, and be able to switch between the default
> text, and my own character set.  If there is a way to create my own font set
> and include it in BGI, that would be fine too.  This is an area I have not
> messed around in, so I am not too familiar with creating new character sets,
> or even if it is possible to create my own font set ...

The graphics library that comes with the Zortech C/C++ compiler supports
user defined fonts.  There is a function to 'install' user defined fonts
and a function to get the current font (so you can restore the original one
if desired).

---
Zortech mailing list: send email to 'ztc-list-request@uunet' with:
Add: your-user-name@your-machine-name
In the body of the message.
---
Send Zortech bug reports to 'zortech-bugs@proto.com'
---
Zortech is my major source of income.  Statements about them or their
competitors cannot be totally without bias.
--
joe@proto.com
FAX: 208-263-8772