 From: rusty@sdcarl.UUCP
 Newsgroups: net.general
 Subject: burl

 occasionally a system named ``burl'' calls us and drops
 off uucp work. we don't have any entry for burl in our
 L.sys file (and i don't ever remember giving out our
 L.sys entry to them). could someone from burl drop me
 a line? thanks.

________
This was my reply to Rusty.
________
 To: sdcarl!rusty
 Subject: Re: burl

 Rusty,  My name is Larry Auton.  I am the system administrator for
 burl.  I got your L.sys information from ihnp4!gjm (Gary Murikami).
 He is the administrator for the system registry.  He sends out a
 mammoth L.sys file to most of the Bell sites each month.  Your system
 is in his distribution.  Burl has a mail optimizer that reroutes
 mail if it recognizes a system in the path that is known to us.  For
 example: a letter to

 a!b!sdcarl!unknownsystem!mudpie

  		would be sent to

     sdcarl!unknownsystem!mudpie

 People who reply through burl have their path optimized here.
 Sometimes this entails sending mail directly to sdcarl.  This is the
 genesis of your question.  I would suggest getting in touch with
 Gary if you'd like to have your L.sys info removed from the
 registry.  I am including my L.sys info below.

 We are running USG 5.0 on a VAX 11/780.  I will remove sdcarl from
 the L.sys here if you desire;  however, I would prefer to leave it
 there.  Get in touch with me and I'll do whatever you prefer.  I
 hope burl has not caused you any trouble.

 Larry Auton	Western Electric	Burlington, NC	(919)228-3340

 L.sys for burl

 <deleted here - available on request from burl!lda>
 --

Larry Auton	Western Electric	Burlington, NC	(919)228-3340