[comp.os.msdos.programmer] CXL bug?

mhovan@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Mike Hovan) (09/05/90)

A Question for anyone using Mike Smedley's CXL libraries.

Has anyone succeeded in stuffing the keyboard (using kbput()) in the
keyboard idle loop while using the mouse in the loop?  I am trying
to get a "button" press to call up the help screen.  With no success.

Also does anyone know what happened to the CXL Tech Support BBS?  I am
getting a "The number you have reached....disconnected" message.

MIKE

--
  |X|X|                                         Michael Andrew Hovan III |X|X|
  |X|   This space intentionally left           mhovan@gmuvax2.gmu.edu     |X|

david@csource.oz.au (david nugent) (09/11/90)

In <2154@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> mhovan@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Mike Hovan) writes:

> Also does anyone know what happened to the CXL Tech Support BBS?  I am
> getting a "The number you have reached....disconnected" message.

The following might help:

Borland RoundTable
Category 2,  Topic 150
Message 1         Fri Aug 17, 1990
M.SMEDLEY [Mike]             at 12:15 CDT

                        A N N O U N C E M E N T

    The CXL C function library, and all rights to market and support it, have
been sold.  CXL has been a pleasure to produce and support in the past, but
many things have come up, resulting in substandard service to CXL users.  The
sale was needed to ensure CXL's growth and dominance in the shareware C
library market.

    The new owner of CXL is Chip Rabinowitz and his company Innovative Data
Concepts.  Chip is well-known in the programming community for his work on the
TesSeRact TSR libraries and the Swap Utilities.  He is also very active on
CompuServe, providing invaluable advice to both novice and expert programmers.
Chip is an active member of the Association of Shareware Professionals (ASP).

    All future CXL orders, inquiries, and support will be handled by
Innovative Data Concepts.  Their address is 1657 The Fairways, Suite 101,
Jenkintown, PA 19046.  They can be contacted via electronic mail on CompuServe
(70731,20) or MCI Mail (315-5415). For tech support call: 215-884-3373; FAX:
215-886-4226; orders: 1-800-926-4551.

    A new version of CXL is due out around September 1st, 1990, and will
contain all enhancements to CXL since version 5.2.  CXL will be renamed to the
"TesSeRact CXL Windowing Library" and will initially appear as version 5.5.

--

        Fidonet: 3:632/348   SIGnet: 28:4100/1  Imex: 90:833/387
              Data:  +61-3-885-7864   Voice: +61-3-826-6711
 Internet/ACSnet: david@csource.oz.au    Uucp: ..!uunet!munnari!csource!david