[comp.os.msdos.programmer] 360x480x256 and 320x400x256 VGA. How???

TFB@MTUS5.BITNET (09/17/90)

Does anyone have information how to access these VGA modes?  I know
that you must program the video card thru the i/o ports, but I don't
know which ports I need to access or what values I have to put in them.
If you can help me, please send e-mail to TFB or TFBUDD @ MTUS5.BITNET

                                         Thanks in advance,

                                                Tom.

ballerup@diku.dk (Per G|tterup) (09/17/90)

Me too!!! - E-mail to: ballerup@freja.diku.dk - please...
--
| Per Gotterup                        | "The most mercifull thing in the   |
| Student, DIKU (Inst. of Comp. Sci.) | world, I think, is the inability   |

pschwart@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Paul Schwartz) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep17.120109.15662@diku.dk>, ballerup@diku.dk (Per G|tterup) writes...

>TFB@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>
>=> Does anyone have information how to access these VGA modes?  I know
>=> that you must program the video card thru the i/o ports, but I don't
>=> know which ports I need to access or what values I have to put in them.
>=> If you can help me, please send e-mail to TFB or TFBUDD @ MTUS5.BITNET
>
>=>                                          Thanks in advance,
>
>=>                                                 Tom.
>
>Me too!!! - E-mail to: ballerup@freja.diku.dk - please...
>--
>| Per Gotterup                        | "The most mercifull thing in the   |
>| Student, DIKU (Inst. of Comp. Sci.) | world, I think, is the inability   |
>| University of Copenhagen, Denmark   | of the human mind to correlate all |
>| Internet: ballerup@freja.diku.dk    | its contents."  - H.P. Lovecraft - |

    I have an article in front of me by Michael Abrash from the Jan/Feb 1989
Programmers Journal in which he discusses the use of the 320x400x256 mode.  I
can't find it, but a later article in the VGA series that he is doing in CJ
discusses the techinques for the 360x480x256 mode. (there is also a 320x480x265
mode).

    						- Z -

|  PauL M SchwartZ              |                                             |
|  PSCHWART@vms3.macc.wisc.edu  |       Your message here...                  |
|  PSCHWART@wiscmacc.BitNet     |                 only 5$ per post            |
|  (608)255-5702                |                                             |