[comp.os.msdos.programmer] How to reset VGA? & Re: EGA/VGA ReadPixel function in C

mfinegan@uceng.UC.EDU (michael k finegan) (09/20/90)

hpasanen@niksula.hut.fi (Harri Pasanen) writes:

>Sorry for this simple question:

>Could somebody direct me to a EGA/VGA ReadPixel() function written in C.
>The catch is that it should go directly to video RAM bypassing the EGA/VGA
>bios.

>Thank's

>Harri Pasanen

Richard Wilton's "Programmer's Guide To PC & PS/2 VIDEO SYSTEMS" (Microsoft
Press) has just that (starting on page 125 ...).

--

Now - I have a question for the net. Resetting all VGA registers to their
default (or previous) values != calling int 10h to set video mode. What is

						- Mike
						  mfinegan@uceng.uc.edu