[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Turbo C and Laser Printing...

afmintz@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allan Mintz) (09/26/90)

I am having a big problem in getting a Turbo-C program to generate output

to the laser printer.  I know that I have to send it through stdaux since it is

a serial printer, but it will only print out either the first line of the

output, or it will print out one line per page.  Can anyone help me with this??

Thanks.

Allan

--
afmintz@rodan.acs.syr.edu
afmintz@sunrise.bitnet

stever@Octopus.COM (Steve Resnick ) (09/28/90)

In article <1990Sep26.160914.22886@rodan.acs.syr.edu> afmintz@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allan Mintz) writes:
>I am having a big problem in getting a Turbo-C program to generate output
>to the laser printer.  I know that I have to send it through stdaux since it is
>a serial printer, but it will only print out either the first line of the
>output, or it will print out one line per page.  Can anyone help me with this??

MS DOS (Maybe someday an operating system) doesn't have very good serial
support. When you try to access the laser printer through the stdaux device, you
get no handshaking control, and no data flow control. If you use mode
to redirect the stdprn device to the serial port, then you don't encounter this
problem, and of course it allows you to access the laser printer in a less
device dependant fasion.

Hope this helps....
Steve

steve.resnick@f105.n143.z1.FIDONET.ORG - or - apple!camphq!105!steve.resnick
Flames, grammar errors, spelling errrors >/dev/nul