[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Where can I find a86.com?

2hmadotage@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/01/90)

Does anyone know where I can get the most recent version of A86 and D86.com?
It is a one pass assembler that creates .com files directly from the source
code. It used to be a shareware program.

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (10/01/90)

In article <25830.27065dc3@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2hmadotage@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get the most recent version of A86 and D86.com?
>It is a one pass assembler that creates .com files directly from the source
>code. It used to be a shareware program.

I think it's still shareware - I've seen a version 3.2x that was dated early
1990, I think.  It has nicer syntax than TASM or MASM, but their price and
the extras (the debuggers, the profiler, the other tools, 386 support) make
one of those a better deal nowadays.  Too bad.

Here's the program intro if you want more information:

A86 macro assembler, V3.18  Copyright 1988 Eric Isaacson

All rights reserved.  See documentation files for permissions/restrictions.
Register for A86 by sending $50 for one computer to:

  Eric Isaacson              Visa/MasterCard accepted
  416 E. University Ave.           call (812)339-1811
  Bloomington, IN 47401-4739   or England 0732 771344

Disclaimer:  I've got no connection with A86, other than being a registered
user from back in the days before assemblers got cheap.

Duncan Murdoch