[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Desqview IPC

utility@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Ronald BODKIN) (10/02/90)

	Does anyone know if there is a method for allowing 2
concurrent processes to communicate data between themselves
when using desqview.  I'm thinking about porting an application
from QNX (a multi-tasking OS) to some DOS environments, and
I'm wondering if it is possible to do this using desqview (e.g.
by using share and having a common file open'd, with locks
on the file to exclude simultaneous writing).
		Ron

stever@Octopus.COM (Steve Resnick ) (10/04/90)

In article <5111@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca> utility@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Ronald BODKIN) writes:

>	Does anyone know if there is a method for allowing 2
>concurrent processes to communicate data between themselves
>when using desqview.  I'm thinking about porting an application
>from QNX (a multi-tasking OS) to some DOS environments, and
>I'm wondering if it is possible to do this using desqview (e.g.
>by using share and having a common file open'd, with locks
>on the file to exclude simultaneous writing).
>		Ron

There is a DESQview API package which allows you to do IPC between programs
via memory. This is all handled by DESQview via named queues.
It works well (I write DESQview programs for a living).

Cheers!
STeve

steve.resnick@f105.n143.z1.FIDONET.ORG - or - apple!camphq!105!steve.resnick
Flames, grammar errors, spelling errrors >/dev/nul