[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Looking for 'C' routines to use extended memory.

hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) (10/18/90)

I am looing for 'C' routines and examples that use extended memory.
Especially nice would be a public domain library of functions.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance . . .

Harry
--
Harry Haas  GTRI/RIDL/DB         "What makes it DO that!?" - Bones
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!hh2

hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) (10/24/90)

In article <15386@hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>I am looing for 'C' routines and examples that use extended memory.
>Especially nice would be a public domain library of functions.
>
>Any suggestions?

Well, I got MANY me-too responses, but only two responses with a little
help.

Scott Bostader wrote: "Dr. Dobbs had an article a few months back . . ."
and
Lance Brown suggested:
The CXL library, or the C-Windows tool kit.

Well, I got my hands on the Public domain version of CXL, and it has
several EXPANDED memory functions, but no EXTENDED memory functions,
save simply determining how much is there. It also only supports the
small memory model. I got two reports on the cost of the commercial
version: $35.00 or $50.00, but I think all that gives you is the larger
memory models: no extra functions.

I know nothing about the C-Windows Toolkit, but Lance said that it
costs $100.00.

SOoo . . . I'm still looking. Anybody else out there with some input?
I will post the results, if any.

Harry