[comp.os.msdos.programmer] PD Modula 2 available ?

franke@rwthinf.UUCP (Christian Franke) (10/22/90)

Hello,

is there any Public Domain Modula 2 Compiler available ?

Regards

	Christian Franke

	Aachen University of Technology
	Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik I
	Ahornstrasse 55
	D-5100 Aachen
	Federal Republic of Germany
	Tel.: 0241 / 80-3586

	UUCP: franke@rwthinf.uucp ({...mcvax}!unido!rwthinf!franke)

lchen@cs.ubc.ca (Lee Li-Jen Chen) (10/23/90)

Christian Franke wrote previously:
>From: franke@rwthinf.UUCP (Christian Franke)
>
>Hello,
>
>is there any Public Domain Modula 2 Compiler available ?

There is one version of PD M2 that can be obtained via anonymous FTP
from mtsg.ubc.ca <128.189.103.1>

Lee 1990 10 23 		e-mail: <lchen.cs.ubc.ca>

jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie (10/25/90)

In article <3629@rwthinf.UUCP>, franke@rwthinf.UUCP (Christian Franke) writes:

> is there any Public Domain Modula 2 Compiler available ?

Well I don't know about PD Modula-2, but there are certainly some good Shareware
compilers about. The best place to look is in the likes of Computer Shopper or
Program Now, they have ads from Shareware people. I got a look at one, can't
remember what one though, and I was pretty impressed with it. It was almost as
good as some of the commercial compilers available.
  John.
					   jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie@cunyvm.cuny.edu
    3rd Year Computer Science                     jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie
     Trinity College Dublin.                      jagrogan@unix1.tcd.ie
                                                  jagrogan@tcdmath.uucp
	"I haven't lost my mind.....I'm sure it's backed up here somewhere!"

r3jjs@VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU (Jeremy J Starcher) (10/25/90)

In article <7114.2725f4ef@vax1.tcd.ie> jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
>In article <3629@rwthinf.UUCP>, franke@rwthinf.UUCP (Christian Franke) writes:
>>
>> is there any Public Domain Modula 2 Compiler available ?

I have a Shareware Modula 2 compiler from :

  Fitted Software Tools

and a Shareware tutor (?)

They take one 360K disk a piece.

I'd post them (or FTP them) somewhere if someone tells me where.

NOTE:  I don't know Modula 2 so I don't know who well these work but
it comes with pleny of examples.--
Jeremy J Starcher         !  No programmer programs in LOGO after reaching
r3jjs@vax1.cc.uakron.edu  !  age 14...
r3jjs@akronvm.bitnet      !