[comp.os.msdos.programmer] QuickC V1.00 says it's got "Link Errors" but doesn't say why!

hanifl@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au (Greyham Stoney) (10/29/90)

QuickC version 1.00 (the one that comes with Microsoft C version
5.00) is giving me the message: "Errors During Link Phase", and
asks if I want to view the link errors in LINK.ERR.

When I say YES, the LINK.ERR file is completely empty!.
I have checked all the normal things like the PATH, LIB, etc etc
settings, and I can vaguely remember seeing this obscure problem
before, but can't for the life of me remember what I did to fix
it, or if it just went away.

Has anyone got any idea what might be causing this problem?.
Presumably its a bug which has been fixed in later versions, but
we don't have a later version, so does anyone know of a workaround?.

Please mail me a copy of any replies if you can help.

						thanks,
							Greyham.

jpensar@ra.abo.fi (Johan Pensar RT) (10/30/90)

In article <18488@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au> hanifl@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au (Greyham Stoney) writes:
>QuickC version 1.00 (the one that comes with Microsoft C version
>5.00) is giving me the message: "Errors During Link Phase", and
>asks if I want to view the link errors in LINK.ERR.
>When I say YES, the LINK.ERR file is completely empty!.
>I have checked all the normal things like the PATH, LIB, etc etc
>settings

This may be caused by a old version of link.exe in your PATH.
Check your \DOS directory if some old linker supplied with dos is there,
if it is, delete it or put \BIN first in your PATH.
(Yes, you said you had checked your PATH, but this is the normal error)
Johan Pensar                                         Email: jpensar@ra.abo.fi
Process Control Laboratory
Abo Akademi University
FINLAND