[comp.os.msdos.programmer] asmgen help

janh@hplsla.HP.COM (Jan Hofland) (11/09/90)

I am having difficulties using a public domain disassembler called  asmgen.
I have tried version 1.13 and 2.01.  Both have the same problem, having to
do with the sequence file.  I get the message

	Hex number error in /SEQ file

Yet, I've checked and rechecked the values in the file relative to the
documentation for the sequence file.

Any help for this problem would be appreciated.  Also, the author of the
software is John Gersbach.  If you have an address for John, I would
appreciate that.

Regards,

Jan Hofland
janh@hplsla.HP.COM

jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) (11/09/90)

In an article janh@hplsla.HP.COM (Jan Hofland) wrote:
>I am having difficulties using a public domain disassembler called  asmgen.
>I have tried version 1.13 and 2.01.  Both have the same problem, having to
>do with the sequence file.  I get the message
>
>	Hex number error in /SEQ file
>
>Yet, I've checked and rechecked the values in the file relative to the
>documentation for the sequence file.

This should be in a Frequently Asked Questions file.
Try putting Ctrl-Z at the end of the .seq file.  That should fix it.

--
John Dudeck                                  "Nothing is foolproof, because
jdudeck@Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu                        fools are so ingenious."

lsalomo@hubcap.clemson.edu (lsalomo) (11/09/90)

From article <13490002@hplsla.HP.COM>, by janh@hplsla.HP.COM (Jan Hofland):
> I am having difficulties using a public domain disassembler called  asmgen.
> I have tried version 1.13 and 2.01.  Both have the same problem, having to
> do with the sequence file.  I get the message
>
> 	Hex number error in /SEQ file

I think that is because you NEED a Ctrl-Z at the end of your source file on
a separate line.

Cheers,
Q - the "Q"uestor for knowledge (, a degree, etc.)

lsalomo@hubcap.clemson.edu
ibmman@clemson.clemson.edu
"Gee Wally, I think there's something wrong with the Beaver."

janh@hplsla.HP.COM (Jan Hofland) (11/12/90)

Thanks for those of you who have responded.
The solution is to terminate the sequence file with a control-Z.

Regards,

Jan Hofland