[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Detecting a PS/2 mouse??

cross@astroatc.UUCP (Chuck Cross ) (11/10/90)

I'm using a mouse in a program written in TurboC++.  Everything
works fine on PCs using Logitech and Microsoft mice, even with Hercules
mono video cards.

However, an IBM bus mouse on a PS/2 is not detected.  Does the PS/2
do mouse stuff differently?  I'm using interrupt 0x33 to interact
with the mouse device driver.

Thanks,

INTERNET: cross%astroatc.uucp@cs.wisc.edu
VOICE:    (608) 221-9001

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (11/15/90)

In article <3532@astroatc.UUCP>, cross@astroatc.UUCP (Chuck Cross ) writes:
> However, an IBM bus mouse on a PS/2 is not detected.  Does the PS/2
> do mouse stuff differently?  I'm using interrupt 0x33 to interact
> with the mouse device driver.

As far as I know, the PS/2 mouse comes with a device driver that gives the
standard INT 33H interface. Perhaps the driver isn't loaded? A disk is
meant to be shipped with the mouse.
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury