[comp.os.msdos.programmer] TCC ++ Missing FIles

axmac@acad2.anc.alaska.edu (11/17/90)

Subject : TC++ Inculde files

Hello all!

I have just purchased the Turbo C++ compiler from Borland.
Being a new 'C' programmer, I am having a little trouble getting some things
to compile. (Omega, etc). It coughs on anything that tries to use
FILES.H or CURSES.H
COuld anyone out there help me in resolving this?
I have done a diskwide search of my Hard Drive, and curses.h or files.h does
not seem to be there. Am I missing some files from the package?
I installed everything i got (C, Assembler, Profiler, Degugger, etc)
And none of them seem to have these files with them either.
Am I overlooking something?

Thanks!

Marc A. Casillo                         AXMAC@ALASKA.BITNET
Student User Consultant                 AXMAC@ACAD3.FAI.ALASKA.EDU
University Of Alaska, Anchorage         AXMAC@ACAD2.ANC.ALASKA.EDU
********
So, is the first guy at an installation to get GNU software the
*GNU* kid on the block?						MC 1990

evil@arcturus.uucp (Wade Guthrie) (11/27/90)

Marc A. Casillo writes:
> Turbo C++ [...] It coughs on anything that tries to use
> FILES.H or CURSES.H

Well, curses.h is not part of C proper.  It is an add-on package.
Fortunately, however, it's free.  Unfortunately, I don't remember
where to get it.  I don't know about files.h, but I suspect that
it's a system Vism or a BSDism.
--
Wade Guthrie (evil@arcturus.UUCP)    | "The likelihood of one individual being
...uunet!ccicpg!felix!arcturus!evil  | right increases with direct proportion to