[comp.os.msdos.programmer] BGI Editor

tcs@router.jhuapl.edu (11/27/90)

Hi all,

  Currently I am unable to get to SIMTEL to check on this. Does anyone know
if the BGI Editor has been updated to work with TC1.0++? I wanted to
convert the .CHR and .BGI files into .OBJ files. (I hate having loads of
files when one will do.) The BGI Editor v1.0 that I have seen (and have)
has loads of examples and the .CHR files will even work with TC++1.0, (the
VGA256.BGI file will not) but I would like to create one for my systems.

Thanks in front.

Carl Schelin               | "He's got big balls, she's got big balls,
tcs@router.jhuapl.edu      |  but we've got the biggest... balls of them all!"
                           |      AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) (11/29/90)

What is BGI Editor? does it allow one to create new .BGI files for other
graphic adaptors? Where can one order it?

tcs@router.jhuapl.edu (11/29/90)

In article <11585@j.cc.purdue.edu>, zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:
>What is BGI Editor? does it allow one to create new .BGI files for other
>graphic adaptors? Where can one order it?

I picked up my copy of BGI10.Zip from a local BBS a couple of years ago. I
think I saw it on chyde while glancing through the index.

Basically it allows you to create .BGI and .CHR files. The .CHR files are
the simplest to create since all you have to do is grab an existing one and
modify it. The .BGI files are a little more difficult since you need
specific information on your video board and have to create a driver for
that board.

It comes with 6 or 7 .CHR files and 1 .BGI file (VGA256.BGI). Unfortunately
they don't BGIOBJ with the Turbo C++ (version 3.0 of BGIOBJ).

I thought I'd check here and see if anyone else had a newer version before
attempting Borland.

Carl Schelin
tcs@router.jhuapl.edu