[comp.os.msdos.programmer] CXL Registration Problems

deliedtk@shine7.waterloo.edu () (12/01/90)

I am trying to register a copy of the latest version of the CXL windowing
library.  Back in October, I sent my registration fee to Mike Smedley but
have not heard back from him yet.  Recently, I heard a rumour that Mr.
Smedley sold the rights to CXL.  Does anyone have any information on this
new company?  (Address, phone #, and email address would be appreciated).

The BBS number I have for CXL support is no longer in service.

I am in a hurry for this information as I'm currently working on a project
that requires the large memory model of CXL for Turbo C.

Thanks for your help,
Dave Liedtke

pts@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Paul T. Shannon) (12/02/90)

In article <1990Nov30.205132.29436@watserv1.waterloo.edu> deliedtk@shine7.waterloo.edu writes:
>I am trying to register a copy of the latest version of the CXL windowing
>library.  Back in October, I sent my registration fee to Mike Smedley but
>have not heard back from him yet.

I, too, face this problem: I sent my check November 6th.  I'll soon be
facing deadlines in a project that requires the CXL Turbo C large and
huge model libraries.  Perhaps some generous soul could help us out
and give us a copy of the libraries we need: we aren't trying to avoid
paying for the software, the checks are truly 'in the mail'.

 - Paul Shannon
   pts@virginia.edu

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (12/02/90)

pts@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Paul T. Shannon) writes:
>>deliedtk@shine7.waterloo.edu writes:
>>I am trying to register a copy of the latest version of the CXL windowing
>>library.  Back in October, I sent my registration fee to Mike Smedley but
>>have not heard back from him yet.
>
>I, too, face this problem: I sent my check November 6th.  I'll soon be
>facing deadlines in a project that requires the CXL Turbo C large and
>huge model libraries.  Perhaps some generous soul could help us out
>and give us a copy of the libraries we need: we aren't trying to avoid
>paying for the software, the checks are truly 'in the mail'.

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

NOTE: Type B is Binary; Type A is ASCII

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.C>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
CXL52-1.ZIP   B  161644  900630  Window/menu/mouse C func lib, docs/utils, 1of2
CXL52-2.ZIP   B  189150  900630  Window/menu/mouse C func lib, libraries, 2of2
CXLHDERR.ZIP  B    3134  900402  C source for critical error handler with CXL

These files are also available from Detroit Download Central.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)