[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Interupt drivers for serial ports

smm@milton.u.washington.edu (Stephen Milton) (12/08/90)

I need info (and hopefully source code) for setting up an interrupt driver under Turbo Pascal 5.5 (or 6.0) to trap incoming characters from either COM1 or COM2.  I know how to write the driver itself, and understand how to use TP to set it up as an interupt procedure.

Wt I need to know are the values that the interrupt controller needs to get
to "install" the driver as active.  I have torn apart several manuals and
ripped through pages of source code trying to "reverse engineer" this problem
but I don't seem to be able to figure it out.

Help or suggestions, please E-Mail.....thanx!

johnm@cory.Berkeley.EDU (John D. Mitchell) (12/08/90)

In article <12592@milton.u.washington.edu> smm@milton.u.washington.edu (Stephen Milton) writes:

>I need info (and hopefully source code) for setting up an interrupt driver under Turbo Pascal 5.5 (or 6.0) to trap incoming characters from either COM1 or COM2.  I know how to write the driver itself, and understand how to use TP to set it up as an interu
>pt procedure.
>
>Wt I need to know are the values that the interrupt controller needs to get
>to "install" the driver as active.  I have torn apart several manuals and
>ripped through pages of source code trying to "reverse engineer" this problem
>but I don't seem to be able to figure it out.

See the Dec/Jan 1991 (Vol 1 #5) issue of PC Techniques.

There's also a book titled something like Programmers guide to serial
communication.

Good luck,
	John D. Mitchell
	johnm@cory.Berkeley.EDU