[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Turbo Pascal TPU to OBJ

sw@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Simon Wail) (12/10/90)

G'Day

	Where I work is trying to convert from an HP-64000 Cross Development
	System to a PC-based environment. Unfortunately a lot of the code
	is written in Pascal. We've looked at Turbo, but it doesn't generate
	OBJ files, which means that much of the stuff we write won't be able
	to be debugged. We take over most of the machine, and run our own
	multi-tasking executive, so Turbo's internal debugger isn't enough.
	The C++ environment and compilers are fine, if we could get a Pascal
	that generates Intel OBJ files with the source level debugging info
	that Turbo Debugger provides we'd be OK. If anybody knows where/how/
	what we could use it would make our day. Replies by email, and I'll
	post the replies if there's enough interest.

				Ron Wail (using his brother's account)

Electronic address: sw@goanna.oz.au
snail: Ron Wail, 5 South, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne, 3004, Australia

mcastle@mcs213d.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) (12/10/90)

In article <4471@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> sw@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Simon Wail) writes:
>G'Day
>
>	Where I work is trying to convert from an HP-64000 Cross Development
>	System to a PC-based environment. Unfortunately a lot of the code
>	is written in Pascal. We've looked at Turbo, but it doesn't generate
>	OBJ files, which means that much of the stuff we write won't be able
>	to be debugged. We take over most of the machine, and run our own
(* other deleted *)

At simtel20 and wuarchive, in the directory pd1:<msdos.turbopas> or
mirrors/msdos/turbopas, there is are a couple of packages that you might find
useful.  The first is TPU2ASM.ZIP, the second TPUOBJ.ARC.  The first changes
Turbo 5.x tpu files into assembler, the second turns them into .obj files.

Hope this helps,
Mike
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid