[comp.os.msdos.programmer] run time loading of routines

lah@raybed2.msd.ray.com (LANCE HOLMES) (12/18/90)

I am looking for some information one how to do the following, I appologize
if what I am asking is either to far fetched or too stupid a question.

I need a program to be able to when running load in a set of routines
that it will used based on a configuration value passed in an argument.

the set of routines that it will load and execute will be different
for different configurations.

I am using Microsoft C v5.0

if you could explain how to do this or let me know of a good reference on
this I would appreciate it

Lance Holmes

louisg@vpnet.chi.il.us (Louis Giliberto) (12/21/90)

lah at raybed2.msd.ray.com writes:

>I need a program to be able to when running load in a set of routines
>that it will used based on a configuration value passed in an argument.
>
>the set of routines that it will load and execute will be different
>for different configurations.
>
>I am using Microsoft C v5.0

I'm not too familiar with Microsoft C, but, personally, I would use overlays
if it supports them.  Just keep the common routines in the main routine and
overlay the particulars.

Louis Giliberto
louisg@vpnet.chi.il.us