[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Mouse Support in Turbo C++ Prof.

wuwei@stealth.acf.nyu.edu ( ) (12/22/90)

I rememeber a while back there is discussion about some problems with
mouse support of Turbo C++ Professional. Since I didn't have the
package, I did not follow. Now I just got the package, the mouse works
in Turbo C++ integrated environment, but does not work in Turbo
Deburgger and Turbo Profiler. When I run these two programs the point
of the mouse shows, and moves but does not reponse to any click.

I use a cheap serial mouse called Agiler mouse which it claim can
operate in both Mouse System and Microsoft mode, although I have never
made the Microsoft mode work.

If anyone still remember the conclusion of the dicussion about the
mouse problem with the Turbo C++ Professional, and can provide any
info. or direction ,   or even better, if anyone is using the same
Agiler mouse, please email to me.

Thanks in advance.

                                     Wei Wu(wuwei@acf2.nyu.edu)

wallis@labc.enet.dec.com (Barry L. Wallis) (12/30/90)

In article <2464:Dec2205:23:0590@stealth.acf.nyu.edu>, wuwei@stealth.acf.nyu.edu ( ) writes...
|>I rememeber a while back there is discussion about some problems with
|>mouse support of Turbo C++ Professional. Since I didn't have the
|>package, I did not follow. Now I just got the package, the mouse works
|>in Turbo C++ integrated environment, but does not work in Turbo
|>Deburgger and Turbo Profiler. When I run these two programs the point
|>of the mouse shows, and moves but does not reponse to any click.

Many people who have had these sort of problems (including me) found they were
solved by upgrading to the latest version of the mouse driver (mine's Logitech,
they have a BBS to download the software from).
---
Barry L. Wallis			USENET: wallis@labc.dec.com
Database Consultant		Prodigy (don't laugh): DNMX41A
U.S. DECtp Resource Center	DECUServe: EISNER::WALLIS (not on the net yet)
Los Angeles, CA			"No one voted for me, I represent myself"
---

card@masi.ibp.fr (Remy CARD) (12/31/90)

In article 2243 of newsgroup comp.os.msdos.programmer,
wuwei@stealth.acf.nyu.edu writes :

> I rememeber a while back there is discussion about some problems with
> mouse support of Turbo C++ Professional. Since I didn't have the
> package, I did not follow. Now I just got the package, the mouse works
> in Turbo C++ integrated environment, but does not work in Turbo
> Deburgger and Turbo Profiler. When I run these two programs the point
> of the mouse shows, and moves but does not reponse to any click.
>
> I use a cheap serial mouse called Agiler mouse which it claim can
> operate in both Mouse System and Microsoft mode, although I have never
> made the Microsoft mode work.
>
> If anyone still remember the conclusion of the dicussion about the
> mouse problem with the Turbo C++ Professional, and can provide any
> info. or direction ,   or even better, if anyone is using the same
> Agiler mouse, please email to me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>                                     Wei Wu(wuwei@acf2.nyu.edu)

	I have the same problem with an Artec three buttons optical mouse.
This mouse also operates in Mouse Systems and Microsoft mode. When I enter
Turbo Debugger or Turbo Profiler, I don't even see the point of the mouse.
In the TC environment the mouse works well.

	I have succeded in using the mouse with TD and TPROF by using the
Microsoft emulation and a Microsoft driver. I think the problem depends on
the driver.

	I would be interested by other solutions because the Microsoft
driver can handle only two buttons.

	Thanks in advance,

| Remy CARD                         | E-mail : card@masi.ibp.fr            |
| Universite Pierre et Marie Curie  |                                      |
| Laboratoire MASI, CNRS UA 818     |                                      |
| 4 Place Jussieu                   | Tel : +33 (1) 44.27.43.63            |
| F-75252 PARIS CEDEX 05            | Fax : +33 (1) 46.34.19.27            |
| FRANCE                            | Telex : UPMCSIX 200-145 F            |