[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Graphics and text in tc 2.01?

inuy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (01/10/91)

Is there a way to mix graphics and non stroked font text on the screen at the
same time with turbo c v2.01?  I wish to have a graph on one half of the
screen, and be updating standard text and numeric values on the other.  Is
there a way to do this?

--Matthew

resnicks@netcom.UUCP (Steve Resnick) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan9.154801.1925@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> inuy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Is there a way to mix graphics and non stroked font text on the screen at the
>same time with turbo c v2.01?  I wish to have a graph on one half of the
>screen, and be updating standard text and numeric values on the other.  Is
>there a way to do this?
>
>--Matthew

Set the directvideo variable to 0, and use the console I/O functions.
(cputs, cprintf, gotoxy). I have done this and it works OK, if not a little
slow ...

Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Steve