[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Writing over ALL memory without overwriting program exectution..

yawei@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (mr. yawei) (01/12/91)

In article <5NykV1w163w@kk4fs.UUCP> genesis@kk4fs.UUCP (Genesis) writes:
>  I have recently made a program that writes all memory to a disk file.No
>problem.However,writing it back overwrites the executing program resulting
>in a lock!Help!

You can always relocate the executing program to video ram and execute
it there. You can't used any DOS system calls in your program, however.

Restoring the entire ram (including the system image) back from your hard
disk may not be that good an idea -- the system status is not the same
as when you were writing the image to a file. Methink something funny may
happen to your hard disk.  A dedicated storage device and/or hardware
assistance may be required for this to work in a useful manner.

Ya-Gui Wei
"yawei"