[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Help needed mixing text and graphics with turbo c 2.01

inuy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (01/10/91)

How can I mix text and graphics on the screen on the same time with turbo c v
2.01?  We wish to have a graph on one side of the screen and  a box on the
other with text inside of it (not graphics text).  Is there a way to do this?

--Matthew

goalie3@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert W Kramer) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan9.154142.1924@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> inuy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>How can I mix text and graphics on the screen on the same time with turbo c v
>2.01?  We wish to have a graph on one side of the screen and  a box on the
>other with text inside of it (not graphics text).  Is there a way to do this?

printf() should work just fine, as well as console-based functions,
which were pointed out in an earlier post.

Bob
goalie3@unix.cis.pitt.edu

dougs@videovax.tv.tek.com (Doug Stevens) (01/15/91)

In article <77743@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, goalie3@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert W Kramer) writes:
> In article <1991Jan9.154142.1924@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> inuy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> >We wish to have a graph on one side of the screen and  a box on the
> >other with text inside of it (not graphics text)
>
> printf() should work just fine, as well as console-based functions,
> which were pointed out in an earlier post.

In my experience, issuing a printf() always forces my display into text mode
(at which time the graphics disappear).