[comp.os.msdos.programmer] No registration card with my TC++ !!

uza@hexagon.se (Ulf Axelsson) (01/14/91)

In article <HUOPIO.91Jan11203015@kannel.lut.fi> huopio@lut.fi (Kauto Huopio OH5LFM) writes:
>I asked my friend to buy me a copy of TC++ from USA, where he was
>having his christmas holiday. Now he brought the package (in its
>plastic wrapping) and I just can't find the registration card! Can
>Borland send a new card me or what should I do??
>
>-Kauto
>--
>****************** Kauto Huopio (huopio@kannel.lut.fi) **********************
>*  Mail: Kauto Huopio, Punkkerikatu 1 A 10, SF-53850 Lappeenranta,Finland   *

I also have that problem, and don't know what to do about it !
If anyone know a solution, please mail me too !!
| Ulf Axelsson                    |                                         |
| E-Mail: uza@hexagon.se          |     ...!sunic!kullmar!pkmab!hexagon!uza |

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (01/16/91)

<>I asked my friend to buy me a copy of TC++ from USA, where he was
<>having his christmas holiday. Now he brought the package (in its
<>plastic wrapping) and I just can't find the registration card! Can
<>Borland send a new card me or what should I do??

The cards are usually just inside the (front?) covers of the manuals.
One has to tear them out (along the perforation lines) to use them.

I mention this just in case you folks were expecting to find a loose card
elsewhere in the package.
--
 ___Mark S. Lord__________________________________________
| ..uunet!bnrgate!mlord%bmerh724 | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) (01/16/91)

In article <5235@bwdls58.UUCP> mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) writes:
>The cards are usually just inside the (front?) covers of the manuals.
>One has to tear them out (along the perforation lines) to use them.
>
>I mention this just in case you folks were expecting to find a loose card
>elsewhere in the package.

In Turbo Pascale 5.0, yes it was a perforated pages just inside the cover.
In Turbo C++ 1.0 it was a loose card elsewhere in the package.
More specifically, the card itself is perforated you mail in one half, and the
other half is notched to fit onto a Rolodex.  Rather handy to have the
phone numbers, serial number, disk id's etc on them.

My suggestion would be to contact Borland (phone numbers off of my card below),
explain what happened, and see what they say.  The set of disks should have
a serial number (most likely on Disk 1) that is unique (hopefully :-) to your
set.  Have that ready (or include it when you write).  I'm sure they have
this happen often and have certain procedures to handle it.

Address:
Borland
1800 Green Hills Road, P.O. Box 660001
Scotts Valley, CA 95066-0001

Phone:
Tech support*          : 408-438-5300
Dealer Locator Service : 408-438-5300
All other inquiries    : 408-438-8400

* Registered owners only (Included just for completeness)
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'