[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Redirecting PrtScr

dmorin@wpi.WPI.EDU (Duane D Morin) (01/19/91)

I'm sorry, I realize that this topic is discussed quite heavily on this group,
but until yesterday afternoon I never thought I'd have an application for it.

Can someone please direct me to some routines that will assign the PrtScr
routine to append to a disk file?  Some source code would be great, because
it will need to be modified slightly to accomodate some formatting, but a
pointing out of the general path to take would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having second thoughts about charging $200-$300 developing time if I know
that some public domain code already exists that I can implement.

Thanx people,

Duane Morin
WPI Worcester, MA 01609

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan18.171043.12354@wpi.WPI.EDU> dmorin@wpi.WPI.EDU (Duane D Morin) writes:
>I'm sorry, I realize that this topic is discussed quite heavily on this group,
>but until yesterday afternoon I never thought I'd have an application for it.

Yes, indeed.  May even top FAQs.

>Can someone please direct me to some routines that will assign the PrtScr
>routine to append to a disk file?  Some source code would be great, because
>it will need to be modified slightly to accomodate some formatting, but a
>pointing out of the general path to take would be greatly appreciated.
:

Take a look at /pc/ts/tsfaq16.arc available from uwasa.fi archives
by anonymous ftp.  It has much information on this question.  (There
is a new addition to the list of the relevant packages since
writing tsfaq16.arc. It is called nab15.zip.)

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)