[comp.os.msdos.programmer] extended/expanded memory

jfjr@mbunix.mitre.org (Freedman) (01/29/91)

  I have a compaq 386/20e running dos 3.3 with 4 megs. I am writing
a data acquisition application and I need to store lots of data
(many,many megs) as fast as possible. The faster the better.
I need some advice on  how to do it. Should I use expanded or
extended memory. What should I buy, what product do you recommend.
Price is not really a problem. Performance is.

                         Jerry Freedman,Jr

price@helios.unl.edu (Chad Price) (02/03/91)

jfjr@mbunix.mitre.org (Freedman) writes:

>  I have a compaq 386/20e running dos 3.3 with 4 megs. I am writing
>a data acquisition application and I need to store lots of data
>(many,many megs) as fast as possible. The faster the better.
>I need some advice on  how to do it. Should I use expanded or
>extended memory. What should I buy, what product do you recommend.
>Price is not really a problem. Performance is.

>                         Jerry Freedman,Jr

Post mroe information: what language, how are you getting the data, if
it is many megs what do you intend to do when you run out of memory, ...
Then maybe someone can provide a little guidance.

chad price
price@fergvax.unl.edu