[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Are there any BGI support libraries for PRINTERs

emigh@ncsugn.ncsu.edu (Ted H. Emigh) (01/24/91)

I am interested in the availability of BGI (for Turbo C or Turbo Pascal)
support for printers.  It would be nice to support both dot matrix and
laser printers.  Commercial packages are OK.

Thanks for any leads you may have.

dubner@hpspkla.spk.hp.com (Joe Dubner) (01/24/91)

> I am interested in the availability of BGI (for Turbo C or Turbo Pascal)
> support for printers.  It would be nice to support both dot matrix and
> laser printers.  Commercial packages are OK.

Graf/Drive Plus sounds like just what you're looking for -- it supports
printers (and plotters) in both Turbo C and Turbo Pascal.  Except for
running the demo code included with it, I have not used it in a project
(yet) but it looks very worthwhile and well done.

It's available from Fleming Software, PO Box 528, Oakton, VA 22124,
telephone (703) 591-6451.  I can't remember the exact price but it seems
like it was about $150 for a single-user version or $300 for a
"developer's license" (so you can ship their BGI files with your code.

rogopp@attc.UUCP (Roger Opperman) (01/25/91)

In article <6109@ncsugn.ncsu.edu> emigh@ncsugn.UUCP (Ted H. Emigh) writes:
>I am interested in the availability of BGI (for Turbo C or Turbo Pascal)
>support for printers.  It would be nice to support both dot matrix and
>laser printers.  Commercial packages are OK.
>
>Thanks for any leads you may have.

I saw a BGI package that included support for (at least) Epson LX and LQ
printers on compuserve last night.  Have they been moved to an ftp site
anywhere?

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (01/28/91)

In article <6109@ncsugn.ncsu.edu> emigh@ncsugn.UUCP (Ted H. Emigh) writes:
>I am interested in the availability of BGI (for Turbo C or Turbo Pascal)
>support for printers.  It would be nice to support both dot matrix and
>laser printers.  Commercial packages are OK.

Check out a package from Fleming Software, called Grafdrive (or something
like that) - It comes in two versions, one for personal use, and one for
developers, who want to include parts of it in their products.  I used in
one of my programs and is quite happy with it - it supports Epson-compatible
matrix printers, HP-compatible laser printers, Postscript printers, color
printers & plotters and more...

The packge works with Turbo C as well as Turbo Pascal.

Look for ads in Dr. Dobbs....there was also another similar package
advertised there recently.

-frisk

kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman) (02/02/91)

emigh@ncsugn.ncsu.edu (Ted H. Emigh) writes:

>I am interested in the availability of BGI (for Turbo C or Turbo Pascal)
>support for printers.  It would be nice to support both dot matrix and
>laser printers.  Commercial packages are OK.

>Thanks for any leads you may have.

In the package of Mercury (the successor to Borlands Eureka) is
a BGI driver for printers. It supports quite a few printers
(including my NEC P2200), matrix and laser.
As far as I know are all BGI drivers of Borland free.
The manual states that you can freely distribute them with applications, that
are developed by you, or am I wrong?
Mercury can be downloaded from SIMTEL20 or WUARCHIVE.WUSTL.EDU in the
msdos/math directory.

Richard.

john@hpnmdla.HP.COM (John McLaughlin) (02/07/91)

I was able to download mercury from simtel20
and it does have a printer .bgi file supporting
dozens of printers.  The driver does a great job of
printing out graphics (I was quite impressed actuall)
this driver was developed by borland, now my questio ns is
how do you use it in programs of your own? could some
kind sole download it from compuserve and send it to
simtel20?  I would really like to be able to use
this package!

	-john