[comp.os.msdos.programmer] SVGA BGI problems in TC++

daly@ecs.umass.edu (Bryon Daly, ECE dept, UMass, Amherst) (01/30/91)

Hello,

I'm having problems getting the svga.bgi driver (from svga15.zip on simtel)
to work on my system, using Turbo C++.  The code was originally using
a third-party ATI SVGA driver, which worked under Turbo C.  When I upgraded to
Turbo C++, the driver no longer functioned correctly.  The new driver I
am using for my Tseng labs board (ET4000) does not function correctly, either.

Has anyone else experienced problems with third-party BGI support using
Turbo C++?  Has anyone gotten the svga15.zip driver to work correctly in
Turbo C++?

Thanks,
Bryon Daly
daly@ecs.umass.edu

jjohnson@peyote.cactus.org (Jeff Johnson) (01/31/91)

In article <12245.27a5ef74@ecs.umass.edu>, daly@ecs.umass.edu (Bryon Daly, ECE dept, UMass, Amherst) writes:

> Has anyone else experienced problems with third-party BGI support using
> Turbo C++?  Has anyone gotten the svga15.zip driver to work correctly in
> Turbo C++?

I can't get user installable BGI drivers to work with TC++ either.  I
have tried a 320x200x256 BGI and svgabg15.zip.  Neither works properly.
I can't get lines or text to work.  I have an STB PowerGraph using
ET4000 chipset.  Does anyone have an SVGA BGI driver that works with
this board and TC++ 1.00?
--
Jeff Johnson		10926 Jollyville #1420, Austin, TX 78759
Computer Consultant	(512) 343-0675		(512) 750-UNIX

colburn@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Alex Colburn) (02/07/91)

In article <4889@peyote.cactus.org> jjohnson@peyote.cactus.org (Jeff Johnson) writes:
>In article <12245.27a5ef74@ecs.umass.edu>, daly@ecs.umass.edu (Bryon Daly, ECE dept, UMass, Amherst) writes:
>
>> Has anyone else experienced problems with third-party BGI support using
>> Turbo C++?  Has anyone gotten the svga15.zip driver to work correctly in
>> Turbo C++?
>
>I can't get user installable BGI drivers to work with TC++ either.  I
>have tried a 320x200x256 BGI and svgabg15.zip.  Neither works properly.
>I can't get lines or text to work.  I have an STB PowerGraph using
>ET4000 chipset.  Does anyone have an SVGA BGI driver that works with
>this board and TC++ 1.00?

	Sorry  jeff and bryon, but
	I've had the svga drivers work just fine in TC++ 2.0
	turbo pascal 5.0 and 6.0.  I'm using a paradise card with
	512 k, so I can get up to a 640x480x256, the 1024x762x16 mode
	isn't yet supported on the bgi drivers.  If you want
	I can email you some source that does work on my machine.
				good luck!!

				Alex