[comp.os.msdos.programmer] looking for a substitute for MSDOS

S_EDELMANN@iravcl.ira.uka.de (|S| Hans Chr. Ede) (02/13/91)

I'm looking for a substitute for MSDOS, so that I can boot an application
without loading MSDOS before. I need no complete DOS for the application,
but it should contain the I/O-Routines for access of harddisk, disk-drive,
keyboard and screen, and all you need to run a normal application..

Does anyone know, if there is such a DOS in the PD-, Shareware- or normal
market? Or if that doesn't exist, do you think it's complicated to
program that myself? And where could I find the information to do that?

I   Hans Christian Edelmann  (at University of Karlsruhe, Germany)  I
I   E-Mail :  s_edelmann@irav1.ira.uka.de or uk9d@dkauni2.bitnet    I

Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Norbert Zacharias) (02/13/91)

S_EDELMANN@iravcl.ira.uka.de (|S| Hans Chr. Ede) writes:

>I'm looking for a substitute for MSDOS, so that I can boot an application
>without loading MSDOS before. I need no complete DOS for the application,
>but it should contain the I/O-Routines for access of harddisk, disk-drive,
>keyboard and screen, and all you need to run a normal application..

>Does anyone know, if there is such a DOS in the PD-, Shareware- or normal
>market? Or if that doesn't exist, do you think it's complicated to
>program that myself? And where could I find the information to do that?

Hi
There was an article in the ct magazin about an "dos" without disk support.
I think this article was in the year 89/90.

Norbert
Norbert Zacharias          Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
FB Physik                                               148964@DOLUNI1.bitnet
Carl-von-Ossietzky-Universitaet
Tel. 0049-441-7983527
 Was Du nicht willst das man Dir tu, das will auch nicht was willst denn Du?
							   Heinz Erhard