[comp.os.msdos.programmer] How to set up you own library functions in C/C++ ?

jita@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Hengky Jita) (02/15/91)

I was writing my general functions in Turbo C 1.5, and wanted
to use these functions again next time for other programs.
I tried to compile the functions in a file and stored its
object file in the include subdirectory.
Then I tested this new library functions , it did not work.
Does anybody know how to do this in C or/and C++ ?
Any inputs will be apreciated.

-----

					Hengky Jita - Computer Science                                                  Portland State Univ
INTERNET: jita@cs.pdx.edu		(503) 725-7240
USMAIL	: 1705 SW 11 TH AVE # 510 ,  PORTLAND, OR, 97201

garry@ceco.ceco.com (Garry Garrett) (02/16/91)

In article <1617@pdxgate.UUCP>, jita@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Hengky Jita) writes:

> I was writing my general functions in Turbo C 1.5, and wanted
> to use these functions again next time for other programs.
> I tried to compile the functions in a file and stored its
> object file in the include subdirectory.
> Then I tested this new library functions , it did not work.
> Does anybody know how to do this in C or/and C++ ?
> Any inputs will be apreciated.
>
> -----
>
> 					Hengky Jita - Computer Science                                                  Portland State Univ
> INTERNET: jita@cs.pdx.edu		(503) 725-7240
> USMAIL	: 1705 SW 11 TH AVE # 510 ,  PORTLAND, OR, 97201

	I thought the INCLUDE subdirectory was for your .H files.  The
 .OBJ files should be put into the LIBRARY subdirectory (unless you
have changed the defaults for where it looks.  I think that this may
be your problem, but I am not sure.  Could you be more specific about
what you mean when you say ", it did not work."  Did it not compile,
or did it not run?  What error message did you get?  (I have only Turbo
C 1.0, so if it is a 1.5 problem, I can't help you.)

Garry Garrett