[comp.os.msdos.programmer] CRC Algorithm Wanted.

rduff@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Robert Duff) (02/28/91)

I am attempting to write a simple, customized, file split program.
What are some good CRC/checksum algorithms for verifying the spliting
and recombination of the files?

thanks

Remeber the immortal words of Socrates       |  Robert Duff
who said:                                    |  Automation & Robotics Research
          "I Drank WHAT!?"                   |  Institute - (817) 794-5957
                              Chris Knight   |  rduff@evax.uta.edu

gardner@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Donald Gardner) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.172522.15028@evax.arl.utexas.edu> rduff@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Robert Duff) writes:

>I am attempting to write a simple, customized, file split program.
>What are some good CRC/checksum algorithms for verifying the spliting
>and recombination of the files?
>
>thanks

A good description of how to (relatively efficiently) calculate
arbitrary CRC's is given in

	"Byte-wise CRC Calculations"
	IEEE Micro, June 1983

The article also includes some examples and indicates the relative
performance for the examples.