[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Borland C++ upgrade - they WILL negotiate!

tjr@cbnewsc.att.com (thomas.j.roberts) (03/02/91)

I just ordered the upgrade to Borland C++ 2.0. As I had purchased
TC++ 1.0 three months ago, I felt I should get BC++ for less than
$100. I called their 800 order desk, explained my situation, and
they referred me to their Customer Service number (408-...).
I called that, explained my situation, and they sold the upgrade
to me for $24.95 + $10 Shipping + tax.

My particular history is:
	Nov '90		TC++
	upgraded from	TC 2.0 Professional
	upgraded from	TC 1.5
	upgraded from	TC 1.0

As this seems consistent with the cost of duplication, I am
satisfied.

Tom Roberts
att!ihlpl!tjrob  TJROB@IHLPL.ATT.COM

hartwell@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Steve Hartwell) (03/04/91)

In comp.os.msdos.programmer, tjr@cbnewsc.att.com (thomas.j.roberts) writes:

>    I called that, explained my situation, and they sold the upgrade
>    to me for $24.95 + $10 Shipping + tax.

     I received TC++ V1.01  a week and a half ago.  I called Borland
     to ask about an upgrade, and explained my situation.  Borland
     said that by sending in a copy of my receipt to:

     ATTN:  Free BC++ Upgrade

     At their address (which I left on my desk at work), I could receive
     a free upgrade.

     Steve
     hartwell@hplvtst5.lvld.hp.com

bcttst4@abcom.ATT.COM (5179 ) (03/06/91)

From article <12040001@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM>, by hartwell@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Steve Hartwell):
> In comp.os.msdos.programmer, tjr@cbnewsc.att.com (thomas.j.roberts) writes:
>
>>    I called that, explained my situation, and they sold the upgrade
>>    to me for $24.95 + $10 Shipping + tax.
>
>      I received TC++ V1.01  a week and a half ago.  I called Borland
>      to ask about an upgrade, and explained my situation.
.....deleted

I dont know how much you paid for TC++ 1.0 but maybe you would have been
better off by returning the TC++ 1.0 and ordering BC++ instead.  Just an
idea ...

- MD - (o o)   [ bcttst4@uunet!att!abcom ]     |    No Disclaimers     |
         ^       Mukesh Dang                   |  I mean what I say !! |