[comp.os.msdos.programmer] WINDEBUG.DLL and Borland C++

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (03/11/91)

I just bought Borland C++ and suddenly noticed the file WINDEBUG.DLL in my
BC/BIN directory....anyone know what it is there for?  During installation
it didn't put in any of the .INI files, and I can't find it mentioned in
the DOCS anywhere?

What gives?

Brian

sidney@borland.com (Sidney Markowitz) (03/11/91)

In article <27388@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
>I just bought Borland C++ and suddenly noticed the file WINDEBUG.DLL in my
>BC/BIN directory....anyone know what it is there for?  During installation
>it didn't put in any of the .INI files, and I can't find it mentioned in
>the DOCS anywhere?

It's the debugging interface to Windows from the SDK, licensed from
Microsoft by Borland, used by the Windows version of Turbo Debugger.
It has to be in your path (or maybe just in the same directory as TDW)
in order to use TDW.

  -- sidney markowitz <sidney@borland.com>