[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Change Cursor

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (03/12/91)

How can I change the cursor from an underscore to a solid block in my
program?  The MS. C library lets me turn it on and off, but I can't
figure out how to set it.  Also, is there a FAQ for this group?  I'm
just beginning to learn DOS, and I'm sure that I will have a lot of
repetitive questions.

-Mike

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (03/12/91)

In article <an7Gc&*&@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:

>How can I change the cursor from an underscore to a solid block in my
>program?  The MS. C library lets me turn it on and off, but I can't
>figure out how to set it.  Also, is there a FAQ for this group?  I'm
>just beginning to learn DOS, and I'm sure that I will have a lot of
>repetitive questions.

   As to your first question I only have an answer for Turbo Pascal,
but if you are interested in that angle, get /pc/tspa23##.arc.  But
if you just need a big cursor for your PC, not for your program
code, take a look at /pc/ts/tsutld18.arc, available from our site.
   As to the second question, there is no FAQ that I know of for
this group, but Otto Makela (otto@jyu.fi) has been cosidering
writing one.  There is some related information in
/pc/ts/tsfaq17d.arc, which is also available from our site.  But it
is heavily inclined to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d and comp.lang.pascal.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37