[comp.os.msdos.programmer] packet - driver for EXOS 205 ST

km11hs@sbuvax.rz.uni-sb.de (Dieter Becker) (03/13/91)

I am looking for a packet - driver for the
----   EXCELAN  EXOS 205 ST   ----
for using the pd - Ethernet - software.

Thanks

Dieter Becker

jrd@cc.usu.edu (03/15/91)

In article <9843@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de>, km11hs@sbuvax.rz.uni-sb.de (Dieter Becker) writes:
> I am looking for a packet - driver for the
> ----   EXCELAN  EXOS 205 ST   ----
> for using the pd - Ethernet - software.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dieter Becker

	I doubt that a Packet Driver will ever be written for that board.
The reasons are, first the board is not a controller + glue chip kind such
as a 3C503 or WD8003 etc but rather it has a cpu and memory on it to do
much of the low level protocol stack work directly on the board. That means
one has to write the protocol stack portion for that board, not likely to
occur.
	Secondly, the board is frequently used with LAN WorkPlace for DOS,
a package supplying both TCP/IP and NetWare connectivity. LWP/DOS v4, just
out this month, is pretty nifty and is Windows 3.0 compatible. Contact
your local Novell dealer about pricing.
	Joe D.
	(who has both the board and LWP/DOS)