[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Music, Sounds, whatever

meo3@jaguar.ucs.uofs.edu (OGRINZ MICHAEL E) (03/13/91)

	Does anyone have any code or examples, or whatever concerning
music that can be played in the background? I'm working on a program in TC 2.0,
and I'd like to add digitized sound or something.

Mike

29195@ruve.runit.sintef.no (Gulbrandsen,Arnt) (03/13/91)

In article <331@platypus.uofs.edu>, meo3@jaguar.ucs.uofs.edu (OGRINZ MICHAEL E) writes...

>	Does anyone have any code or examples, or whatever concerning
>music that can be played in the background? I'm working on a program in TC 2.0,
>and I'd like to add digitized sound or something.

Well, I haven't written it, but I once *nearly* did. I quit when I
discovered that it would take at least 5MHz of the computer's speed. That's too
much for me.

Arnt Gulbrandsen,
University of Trondheim, Norway
29195@ruve.runit.sintef.no

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (03/20/91)

In article <331@platypus.uofs.edu> meo3@jaguar.ucs.uofs.edu writes:

>	Does anyone have any code or examples, or whatever concerning
>music that can be played in the background?

Well - I have one such program, but I'm afraid I cannot give you a copy of
it. :-)

You see, this is a Russian virus, which plays the Soviet national anthem in
the background, while it formats the hard disk.

And no - I'm not joking....

-frisk

--
Fridrik Skulason      University of Iceland  |
Technical Editor of the Virus Bulletin (UK)  |  Reserved for future expansion

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) (03/21/91)

Yes.  There are several packages designed for this in directories like
/sound at garbo and /voice at simtel.

One is particularly interesting.  DIGITIZE.ARC contains a schematic for
creating a digitizer.  I'm no EE wizard, but I think I'll be able to
put one together.  The samples included are very promising for voice.

Speaking of voice, there is a package called pmusic12.zip that plays 3
voice music really well (I don't really know what a voice is, but it
sounds good to me).

I don't think any of these play in the background.

Hope this helps.

-alan mead : amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu