[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Bypassing DOS/BIOS

empty@polari.UUCP (Terry Peterson) (03/22/91)

Can anyone point me to references (preferably w/ sources included)
that discuss developing disk I/O strategies that bypass DOS and the
BIOS?  If sufficient interest exists, I will be pleased to post
a summary of responses.
/terry

berggren@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) (03/23/91)

empty@polari.UUCP (Terry Peterson) writes:

>Can anyone point me to references (preferably w/ sources included)
>that discuss developing disk I/O strategies that bypass DOS and the
>BIOS?  If sufficient interest exists, I will be pleased to post
>a summary of responses.

  I too, am interested in this sort of thing. Eventually to either write
and operating system, or port a UNIX, have been playing around trying to
be able to write to various devices directly (even the keyboard). If you
get anything, please post or e-mail them. Thanks.

-e.b.

  Eric Berggren             |  "The force of the 'Dark Side' eminates from
  Computer Science/Eng.     |    the ominous DeathStar looming overhead."
  berggren@eecs.cs.pdx.edu  |            - Down with AT&T! -