[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Looking for 21h and 64h port bit format.

leeda@frith.egr.msu.edu (Dae Hee Lee) (03/25/91)

Could you help me looking for 21h and 64h port bit format for ibm pc?
Where can I find the documentation on this?

Thank you for your help!

Daehee Lee

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar25.055908.2257@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, leeda@frith.egr.msu.edu (Dae Hee Lee) writes:
> Could you help me looking for 21h and 64h port bit format for ibm pc?
> Where can I find the documentation on this?

For the 21H port, look in any Intel parts book under interrupt controllers
(8259). The port is a mask (called OCW1) to enable/disable interrupts on the
eight IRQ lines - the bit is set to one to disable interrupts.

I don't recall offhand what 64H does - it is connected to a programmable
peripheral controller, which sends various bits of various ports to different
places. The IBM PC Technical Reference will say. I am not near my copy at
present, but get back to me if no-one else replies.
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury