[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Borland versions

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (03/31/91)

rbaines@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Robert Baines) writes:
>As I understand it there are to be TWO C++ compilers, Borland C++ 2.0 and
>Turbo C++ 2.0 (may not be out yet).  One is supposed to be a heavy duty
>compiler to compete with Micrsoft C (Borland C++) and the other version is
>the cheaper/limited version for those who don't need the professional version.
>Also, I believe the Turbo version will NOT include Windows support.

>If I got anything wrong somebody feel free to correct me. (politely of course)

Um.  I have 3 versions of Borland C stuff here.

One was called Turbo C 2.0 -- I got this one first.
One was called Turbo C++ 1.0 -- I got this as an upgrade.
One is called Borland C++ 2.0 -- I got it a couple of weeks ago and finally
  got around to installing it today.  It claims to have Windows3 support.

I upgraded to the Pro version with the Turbo C++ upgrade.  This included
the assembler, mostly.

The Borland C++ has an inline assembler, as well as having TASM.
--
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin@kosman.UUCP, kevin%kosman.uucp@nrc.com )
voice: 805-984-8042 Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035