[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Cursor invisible after MSQuickBasic

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr3.090133.1@csc.anu.edu.au> imj502@csc.anu.edu.au writes:

>I am hoping that somebody can help me with an annoying problem I am having with
>an MSQuickBasic 4.0 program.  The problem is that upon exiting the program the
>DOS cursor is invisible until something like a DIR is done.  It is most
>disconcerting to be faced with a screen with no cursor.
:

I don't know the cause of the problem, but you could temporarily
treat the symptom by putting your basic invokation in a batch file
having e.g.  a reset.exe (from /pc/ts/tsutil31.arc) command, or
something similar, as the last command of your batch file.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

bodoh@cat4.cs.wisc.edu (Daniel Bodoh) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr3.090133.1@csc.anu.edu.au> imj502@csc.anu.edu.au writes:

>I am hoping that somebody can help me with an annoying problem I am having with
>an MSQuickBasic 4.0 program.  The problem is that upon exiting the program the
>DOS cursor is invisible until something like a DIR is done.  It is most
>disconcerting to be faced with a screen with no cursor.

You don't say anything about your video type, etc. Some old EGA boards
would make the cursor disappear for unknown reasons after a switch to
43 lines.  I have written a TSR to prevent this on my Everex board...
Let me know via email if you are interested in the source code.  I make
no guarantees that it will work on any other board

Dan Bodoh (bodoh@cs.wisc.edu)