[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Format of DESQview grf*.dvr files or superVGA drivers

rreiner@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) (04/04/91)

bodoh@cat4.cs.wisc.edu (Daniel Bodoh) writes:

> Considering the popularity of Super VGA cards, I would suspect that
> someone has already done this, and I think a lot of Desqview users
> would love to have more non-overlapping windows.

Yes indeed.  Anybody out there have Trident 8900 and/or Tseng ET4000
drivers for DV?

//richard

pasquale@sgl (Pasquale Leone) (04/04/91)

>bodoh@cat4.cs.wisc.edu (Daniel Bodoh) writes:

>> Considering the popularity of Super VGA cards, I would suspect that
>> someone has already done this, and I think a lot of Desqview users
>> would love to have more non-overlapping windows.

Great idea! how come video card makers (ati, tseng etc.) don't include
drivers for desqview but include dozens of other drivers for other programs?

pasquale@sgl.ists.ca

bytor@ctt.bellcore.com (Ross Huitt) (04/04/91)

For those of you looking for a video driver interface to write for
or an SVGA driver for DesqView, you lose.  I contacted QOS a few weeks
ago for exactly this information.  If they don't provide a video
driver for your card with DV, then there isn't a driver and you can't
write one.  The ones they do provide are hooked pretty tightly to
DV internals, according to the tech I spoke with.  You'll have to wait
for DesqView/X for a custom video driver interface.
However, if anyone has information to the contrary, I'd definitely
like to hear about it....

-bytor