[comp.os.msdos.programmer] What's the use of scroll-lock?

252u3715@fergvax.unl.edu (Teik Leong Tan) (04/04/91)

As you can tell from the subject title, can anyone please tell me the
use of the scroll-lock in a 101-key keyboard?
Is it a normal key just like any other keys, or does it have
special functions?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
	Teik Leong Tan
	252u3715@fergvax.unl.edu

valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) (04/04/91)

252u3715@fergvax.unl.edu (Teik Leong Tan) writes:

>As you can tell from the subject title, can anyone please tell me the
>use of the scroll-lock in a 101-key keyboard?
>Is it a normal key just like any other keys, or does it have
>special functions?

It's used in Rogue...
--

	(no .sig yet)
	(By the way, is it really true that no one takes you seriously

tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin) (04/05/91)

In article <valley.670707234@gsbsun>, valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) says:

>252u3715@fergvax.unl.edu (Teik Leong Tan) writes:
>
>>As you can tell from the subject title, can anyone please tell me the
>>use of the scroll-lock in a 101-key keyboard?
>>Is it a normal key just like any other keys, or does it have
>>special functions?
>
>It's used in Rogue...
>--

It's used in Rogue? What version? I have the Epyx version and I don't
recall it being used. Of course, I could be wrong :-).

In Pyro v2.2 (available at garbo.uwasa.fi in pub/games (?)) you use
scroll lock to speed up the game.

Carl