[comp.os.msdos.programmer] WordPerfect file formats

<BMS101@psuvm.psu.edu> (03/28/91)

This probably isn't the answer you want but
    1. WP corp has a developer's toolkit that has extensive info
       on file formats etc....
    2. If you only want a part of the info calling them sometimes
       will get it Faxed/modem'ed/or mailed to you (free)
-----------------
              B  O  R  N    T  O    C  O  D  E !
Luck is directly    |BRADLEY SMALL        | Is it really "PROGRAMMING"
proportional to how |BMS101 AT PSUVM      | when it works right the
hard one works!     |BMS101@PSUVM.PSU.EDU | first time.

s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) (03/28/91)

I am trying to develop some software to work in with WordPerfect and
DrawPerfect.  I would very much like to hear from anyone who knows the
formats for the following files:

WP.DRS
.WPG files
downloadable font files

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,

Ron House.   (s64421@zeus.usq.edu.au)
(By post: Info Tech, U.C.S.Q. Toowoomba. Australia. 4350)

jwi@cbnewsj.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (03/29/91)

In article <s64421.670168926@zeus> s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) writes:
> I am trying to develop some software to work in with WordPerfect and
> DrawPerfect.  I would very much like to hear from anyone who knows the
> formats for the following files:

> WP.DRS
> .WPG files
> downloadable font files

Get the WP Development Kit from WP.  $75 +$5 S&H.  Contains formats for all
WP products.

Jim Winer -- jwi@mtfme.att.com -- Opinions not represent employer.
"No, no: the purpose of language
	is to cast spells on other people ..."
					Lisa S Chabot

adamsd@crash.cts.com (Adams Douglas) (03/30/91)

In addition, there are several books on the market (no references in front of
me) which describe file formats for _dozens_ of popular word-processing
database and spreadsheet packages.

References anyone?

Adams Douglas
3206 Raintree Circle         -sometime I'll think of a good quote for here-
Culver City, CA 90230
                                          crash!adamsd

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (03/30/91)

In article <8272@crash.cts.com>, adamsd@crash (Adams Douglas) writes:
>there are several books on the market which describe file formats ...
>References anyone?

Like, oh, say, question 3.3 in the monthly Frequently Asked Questions
file for comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc?  There are also more references in the
`books' and `old.questions' files in the comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
archives.

I don't cross-post the Frequently Asked Questions file here because I
figure people would say `Get your comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc crap out of
comp.os.msdos.programmer', but sometimes I wonder if I should...
--
Raymond Chen, your friendly (maybe) Frequently Asked Questions file maintainer

exnirad@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Nirad Sharma) (04/05/91)

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) writes:

>In article <8272@crash.cts.com>, adamsd@crash (Adams Douglas) writes:
>>there are several books on the market which describe file formats ...
>>References anyone?

>Like, oh, say, question 3.3 in the monthly Frequently Asked Questions
>file for comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc?  There are also more references in the
>`books' and `old.questions' files in the comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
>archives.

>I don't cross-post the Frequently Asked Questions file here because I
>figure people would say `Get your comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc crap out of
>comp.os.msdos.programmer', but sometimes I wonder if I should...
>--
>Raymond Chen, your friendly (maybe) Frequently Asked Questions file maintainer

Contact WordPerfect Corp and get the Developer's Toolkit.  It's like getting
the word straight from the horse's mouth.  Its very cheap AU$150 -> approx
US$120,  perhaps.
--

Nirad Sharma  (exnirad@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)		Phone : (61 7) 365 7575
Systems Programmer					Fax :	(61 7) 870 5080