[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Power-C and other cheap C compilers

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (04/10/91)

A summary of net.comments on various compilers can be obtained from
the comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc archives as the file `compilers'.  Please
consult the Frequently Asked Questions file from comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
for details on how to access it.  (Look in Appendix A.)

dell@uspm650.DaytonOH.NCR.COM (Jim Dell) (04/11/91)

cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) writes:

>From article <777@gcc.uucp>, by stu870344@gcc.uucp (Yngwie):
>>
>>      I am in the market for a reasonably priced C package.
>> I am considering buying POWER C by Mix Software.  Does anyone
>> have any comments about POWER C or any suggestions for other
>> cheap C compilers??  I'm just learning C, so I need a pretty
>> good manual to lead me through the language.
>>

>I've been thinking about this.  Does the POWER C support the pascal
>calling convention.  additionally, does the compiler support

I purchased the Power C compiler some time back here are some comments:

1) Fast compiles
2) Easy to use debugger (I think this is a separate purchase)
3) Good documentation (The book alone is worth $19.95)
4) Source is available for another fee ($10 I think).
and now the down side
1) I wanted to link in a Micro Focus Cobol Module, no can do (please keep the
flames) only Power C modules can be used.

Hope this helps.

Jim