[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Interrupt 40H Queries Mark 2

boxall@qut.edu.au (04/19/91)

The last mail message had a problem. It should have been :

I need information on INT 40H. I work for the Virus Information Group at QUT in Australia and am interested on why INT 40H is triggered whenever a direct disk write occurs?

There seems to be very little information available on it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Wayne bOxall

a_rubin@dsg4.dse.beckman.com (04/22/91)

In <1991Apr19.101421.27413@qut.edu.au> boxall@qut.edu.au writes:

>The last mail message had a problem. It should have been :
>I need information on INT 40H. I work for the Virus Information Group at QUT in Australia and am interested on why INT 40H is triggered whenever a direct disk write occurs?
>There seems to be very little information available on it.
>Thanks in anticipation.

>Wayne bOxall

Quoting from Ralf Brown's interrupt list:

INT 40 - DISKETTE - ROM BIOS DISKETTE HANDLER RELOCATED BY HARD DISK BIOS
SeeAlso: INT 13, INT 63

a_rubin@dsg4.dse.beckman.com
My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of my employer.