[comp.os.msdos.programmer] BGI files for printers

bentrup@m.cs.uiuc.edu (John Bentrup) (04/25/91)

I want to write a routine to plot some histograms.  The routine should work on
a variety of printers (Proprinter, DeskJet and ThinkJet for now).   I was
thinking of using Turbo's BGI files for this.  Does anyone know of
a collection of BGI file for printers.  I'm writing this in Turbo C 2.0 if it
matters.

Thanks.

John
--
John Bentrup                                INTERNET: bentrup@CS.UIUC.EDU
Department of Computer Science              BITNET: bentrup%uiucdcs.BITNET

frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr25.143442.17170@m.cs.uiuc.edu> bentrup@m.cs.uiuc.edu (John Bentrup) writes:

>I want to write a routine to plot some histograms.  The routine should work on
>a variety of printers (Proprinter, DeskJet and ThinkJet for now).   I was
>thinking of using Turbo's BGI files for this.  Does anyone know of
>a collection of BGI file for printers.  I'm writing this in Turbo C 2.0 if it
>matters.

I've written a printer graphics library which makes it as easy to print
a graphic image as it is to display it on the screen. The library
consists of a set of functions which parallel those available in the
.BGI GRAPHICS.LIB which comes with Turbo C. For example, there is
p_initgraph, p_circle, p_outtextxy, etc. All of these take the same
parameters as the .BGI graphics functions, and in the same order.

The library functions can be used to output to a file, or directly to
the printer. Included with the library are three printer drivers
(LaserJet, Epson LX-400, and Star NX-10). Also included is a utility
which allows the user to create his own printer drivers.

The package includes libraries for both Microsift C (v5.10) and Turbo C.

The package is available from both SIMTEL and uwasa.fi -- get PGRPH101.ZIP

I'm happy to field any comments/queries about the package in this
newsgroup, or via email.

Frank.
--

Take a walk on the wild side, and I don't mean the Milford Track.
Kayaking: The art of appearing to want to go where your boat is taking you.