[comp.os.msdos.programmer] XMS programming info?

coxs@itsgw.rpi.edu (Sean Cox) (04/29/91)

     Does anyone know where I can find info on using XMS in programs? I
 have some info about EMS, but I'd rather use XMS since it's become much
 more common (and I don't feel like reconfiguring my system a lot :).
     Thanks in advance!

                                                     -Sean

--
| Sean Cox                   /  coxs@rpi.edu  \                             |
| 301-D Sharp Hall -- RPI  /  coxs@mts.rpi.edu  \     Your imprint here     |

resnicks@netcom.COM (Steve Resnick) (04/30/91)

In article <l.zgb9l@rpi.edu> coxs@itsgw.rpi.edu (Sean Cox) writes:

>     Does anyone know where I can find info on using XMS in programs? I
> have some info about EMS, but I'd rather use XMS since it's become much
> more common (and I don't feel like reconfiguring my system a lot :).
>     Thanks in advance!

I beleive you can call Microsoft in Redmond Wa. (I don't have their number
but you can get from directory info for 206) and ask them for information on
XMS programming. I did this about 18months ago, and they sent me a short
bookelt/long pamphlet about XMS standards, drivers and programming. They also
sent me a diskette with XMS driver source code. This was free for the asking
then.

Hope this helps....
Steve

	resnicks@netcom.com, steve@camphq, IFNA:	1:143/105.0,
 Real life: Steve Resnick. Chief Software Architect, Process Scientific, Inc
 Flames, grammar and spelling errors >/dev/null
 0x2b |~ 0x2b, THAT is the question.
 The Asylum OS/2 BBS - (408)263-8017 12/2400,8,1 - Running Maximus CBCS 1.2

rmich@Lise.Unit.NO (Rolf Michelsen) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr30.151406.1403@netcom.COM>, resnicks@netcom.COM (Steve Resnick) writes:
|> In article <l.zgb9l@rpi.edu> coxs@itsgw.rpi.edu (Sean Cox) writes:
|> >
|> >     Does anyone know where I can find info on using XMS in programs? I
|> > have some info about EMS, but I'd rather use XMS since it's become much
|> > more common (and I don't feel like reconfiguring my system a lot :).
|> >     Thanks in advance!
|> >

|> I beleive you can call Microsoft in Redmond Wa. (I don't have their number
|> but you can get from directory info for 206) and ask them for information on
|> XMS programming. I did this about 18months ago, and they sent me a short
|> bookelt/long pamphlet about XMS standards, drivers and programming. They also
|> sent me a diskette with XMS driver source code. This was free for the asking
|> then.
|>

|> Hope this helps....
|> Steve
|>
|> --
|> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|> 	resnicks@netcom.com, steve@camphq, IFNA:	1:143/105.0,
|>  Real life: Steve Resnick. Chief Software Architect, Process Scientific, Inc
|>  Flames, grammar and spelling errors >/dev/null
|>  0x2b |~ 0x2b, THAT is the question.
|>  The Asylum OS/2 BBS - (408)263-8017 12/2400,8,1 - Running Maximus CBCS 1.2
|> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mentioned disk is also available from the Simtel FTP-site (26.2.0.74) and
includes XMS documentation, a C library, HIMEM.SYS source etc. It can be
downloaded as:
	pd1:<msdos.sysutl>xms20.arc

  / Snail-Mail:        |
 /   Rolf Michelsen    |